Restaurant Serves Toddler Margarita In His Sippy Cup
Kim Mayorga was confused when her 2-year-old started making funny faces and pushing away the 'apple juice' he had ordered at an Applebee's in California. The explanation came when she opened the lid of the sippy cup and was shocked to be hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec.
It turns out the restaurant staff accidentally gave Julian Mayorga a margarita instead of the ordered apple juice.
The toddler quickly grew drowsy, started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.
"I wasn't going to make a big deal about it", the mother tells a local paper, "but then he got sick."
Applebee's says the apple juice and margarita mix were stored in identical plastic bottles, and the manager mistakenly grabbed the margarita container to pour the boy's drink.
Randy Tei, vice president for the region, says the family will be reimbursed for their medical bills, and the franchise group's restaurants would make sure to no longer serve apple juice and margaritas in similar containers.
"We absolutely believe it was an honest mistake", Tei says.
Mayorga says her son is now doing fine, and the company has been very apologetic and even offered free meals, but she's not so forgiving: "If they think I'm going back there, they're ridiculous".
Click Here To Hit The Homepage For The Latest
To See Latest Additions