UK Woman's Slippers Almost Burn Down Seniors Home
An elderly woman nearly burned down her seniors home - after putting her slippers under the grill to warm them up.
84-year-old Joan Hiscock thought she would settle down for a nice night of television but completely forgot about them, until they caught fire and filled her home with smoke.
That triggered the fire alarms ó and nine firefighters raced to the scene.
They were forced to evacuate dozens of other residents in the home before getting the blaze under control. When they did they found the smouldering slippers on the grill pan.
"Iíve never had an accident like this in my life," Joan said. "I put the slippers under the grill to dry them after I had washed them. But I forgot all about them."
"They set fire to the oven and everyone had to be evacuated. When they found out it was my slippers they were laughing. I've learned my lesson."
A spokesman for local fire department said: "It was one of our most unusual call-outs. We have told her it is quite all right to put kippers (salmon) under the grill ó but not all right for slippers!"
Click Here To Hit The Homepage For The Latest
To See Latest Additions